some Meta Attribute Docset questions

Oct 2, 2008 at 8:54 PM
I tried the plugin with the defaults. It went smoothly, but only our C# XML documentation shows up in the .NET Framework collection, although both our C# XML documentation and our conceptual content show up in the unfiltered collection. How can I add our conceptual content to the .NET Framework collection?

The default value supplied for DocSet (NETFramework) does not exactly match the filter name (.NET Framework).  What value do I use to add our Help to the Visual C# collection? Are the DocSet values for existing filters documented anywhere?

When I deleted the Meta Attribute Collection from the SHFB project, our Help was removed from the .NET Framework filter, but also from the (unfiltered) collection. How do I restore it to the unfiltered collection only?

Oct 4, 2008 at 7:03 PM
Edited Oct 4, 2008 at 7:29 PM
In SHFB, you don't need the attribute component from this project as one is built into SHFB.  Use the project-level HelpAttributes property to add attributes common to all API topics and conceptual topics.  Click the Defaults button in the editor to add the standard attributes that get it to show up in the collections.

For index keywords and topic-specific attributes in conceptual topics, add them to each topic in the Conceptual Content editor window.  Select the topic and in the properties window for it you will see HelpAttributes and HelpKeywords properties.  Once set, they will be added to the associated topic along with the project-level attributes when the help file is built.

Also note that SHFB generates the necessary Help 2 collection files when building Help 2 files so the related component from this project is also not needed.

Eric
Oct 8, 2008 at 7:40 PM
Thanks, the HelpAttributes in SHFB do the trick. It's worth noting that I didn't have to add a HelpAttribute to every conceptual content topic. It was enough to add it to a parent topic; all the children showed up in the collection as well, even though I didn't explicitly specify HelpAttribute values for them.

This is an indispensable tool. Thanks again for the good work.